2017 / 18 Milo in2CRICKET
The very popular MILO in2Cricket program will again run this season at Mount Waverley Cricket Club. The program, which is run by the club with the support of the parents, is similar in style to Auskick. Volunteers are encouraged to contact program manager Chris Houghton (0417-568-158) to register their interest. This excellent program encourages all parents to be involved regardless of their own skill levels as sharing in their children’s development in cricket is both great fun and very rewarding.
The primary focus at this age group is to provide a positive, enjoyable introduction to the game of cricket using a variety of activities which develop basic cricket skills, physical fitness and encourage social interaction and team building.
Specific skills include holding the bat, catching, throwing and basic bowling and batting techniques. Children are encouraged to practice at home, to watch cricket and learn a basic understanding of the game. For all registration details please follow the links below.
The 2017 / 18 program details
- 10 weeks, split into 6 Saturday mornings in November and December 2017 and 4 Saturdays in February 2018.
- All sessions start at 9:00am sharp
- All sessions at Mount Waverley Reserve, Fleet Street, Mount Waverley.
- Saturday 11th November 2017
- Saturday 18th November 2017
- Saturday 25th November 2017
- Saturday 2nd December 2017
- Saturday 9th December 2017
- Saturday 16th December 2017
Christmas and New Year Break
- Saturday 3rd February 2018
- Saturday 10th February 2018
- Saturday 17th February 2018
- Saturday 24th February 2018
General information about Milo in2Cricket is available at the in2cricket website
Registration is through PlayCricket
Direct link to registration or search the suburb for all Milo Cricket centers http://playcricket.com.au/learn/in2cricket/
Cost: $85 per child.
For players aged 8 and above and are ready to play team cricket; Mt Waverley Cricket Club recommends the new T20 format of interclub under 11's cricket. See our junior registration page for more details.